Carboxytherapy involves injecting carbon dioxide under the skin to improve tissue oxygenation. It improves the elasticity and appearance of the skin and eliminates small greasy deposits. This technique is without any risk since CO2 is naturally produced by our body.
Treatment: Skin texture and thinning
Carboxytherapy treats a large number of problem areas.
- Moderate loosening of the eyelids, tail of the eyebrow, neck, arms, abdomen, inner thighs, crease above the knees.
- Fills the wrinkles of the crow's feet, fills the valley of tears, the nasolabial folds and expression lines
- Fills the wrinkles on the top of the hands, gives them volume and masks visible veins
- Smoothes wrinkled skin on the neckline
The cutaneous appearance
- Lightens dark circles
- Clears white stretch marks
- Diffuses cellulite
- Promotes breakdown of fat
There is virtually no contraindication to carboxytherapy, except for pregnant women as a precautionary principle.
The course of the carboxytherapy session
A specific device recognized by the Ministry of Health that administers subcutaneous carbon dioxide (CO2) for curative purposes is used. A bottle of CO2 is connected to a computer that adjusts the dosage, the volume of the injection and the speed of the flow. The computerized device sends the carbon dioxide by means of micro localized injections.
Carboxytherapy can be performed alone or in combination with all other aesthetic medicine techniques.
The doctor inserts a very fine needle under the skin and injects the carbon dioxide. The treatment is completely painless. Depending on the desired effects, CO2 can be injected into the dermis or into the hypodermis.
A session lasts between ten and twenty minutes.
A complete treatment includes
- Four to six sessions for the hands, face and body
- Eight to twelve sessions for stretch marks and cellulite
We do two sessions the first week, then one session a week. It is advisable to repeat the treatment once or twice a year to maintain long-term results.
Carbon dioxide is first absorbed by the skin tissue and is then converted into oxygen by the red blood cells while changing the pH of the body.
Result of carboxytherapy on the skin
- It improves the micro-circulation to give a more rosy appearance to the skin
- CO2 gently lifts the dermis to soften and redraw the skin
- It stimulates fibroblasts which increase the production of collagen and elastin, moisturizes the skin and improves the texture
Effect of carboxytherapy on fat and cellulite
It breaks down some of the fat cells under the pressure of the gas, promotes oxygenation and lymphatic drainage to obtain smoother skin with a reduction of cellulite but do not expect a significant loss of volume. This is why carboxitherapy is most often combined with another thinning technique such as Coolsculpting.
The side effects of CO2 injection
The patient may experience mild itching and redness for one to two hours, there is no hematoma or edema and of course no risk of embolism.
The result is visible from the second session and continues to improve during the following treatments.
The price of carboxytherapy
Consultation with the doctor
* The price indicated is for 1 session.
NEW CLIENT ?
Don't miss your chance to get your
FREE CONSULTATION + GET 20% OFF your first service