Fatty thighs that become heavy with fat bulges will affect not only your leg, but also your entire figure.
It is sometimes even a source of hang-ups, forcing you to forget about shorts or small skirts. Even with effort, losing thigh fat naturally is often impossible.
This is where aesthetic medicine provides a simple solution, to slim down thighs without surgery and regain a slimmer and more harmonious leg shape. Whether it is fat bulges or thigh cellulite, there is an effective way to remove thigh fat. Find out how.
The causes: why do thighs get fat?
Fat deposits appearing on the thighs are related to the accumulation of lipids in storage cells, the adipocytes. These fat deposits are caused by an increase in their volume (up to 50), and not by an increase in their number, which is fixed in adulthood.
These storage cells have a long-term storage role, difficult to harness: slimming is often long and difficult because it is hard to burn fat. The body always primarily mobilizes the short-term calorie reserves, the glycogen.
Losing thigh fat becomes all the more difficult as many factors contribute to this localized excess weight, such as hormones, sex, individual heredity, lifestyle...
How do men's thighs become fat?
Men are characterized by an android fat distribution with more adipocytes on the upper parts of the body, hence the belly or adipomastia of the thorax.
The fat on the thighs appears later, altering the dynamism of the silhouette.
How do thighs grow in women?
Women are defined by a gynoid model where the adipocytes are preferentially located in the lower parts of the body such as the buttocks, hips... and thighs.
This increase in thighs can therefore be premature.
Large thighs will then be worsened by the hormonal surges of pregnancy or menopause. They are often associated with excess fat on the pelvis, making the figure heavier,
sometimes even causing difficulties in dressing.
Depending on the case, it may be either classic fat bulges, or lipodystrophy with additional water retention: this is called cellulite, with orange peel skin.
This can evolve in 3 phases:
- Edematous thigh cellulite where water retention prevails.
- Adipose cellulite, where excess fat prevails.
- Fibrous thigh cellulite, where septa becomes fibrous. This fibrous partitioning "traps" the fat in dimples, under pressure, and is therefore sometimes painful.
Indications: Who can slim down his thighs without surgery?
To slim down thighs without surgery, your aesthetic doctor can correct :
- Thighs that are too fat, with a good skin tone;
- Cellulite in women's thighs;
- A fibrous cellulite in women, with bulges on the thighs.
However, these medical solutions do not treat :
- Obesity or generalized overweight, where other responses must be considered, such as gastric ballooning without surgery (Elipse® gastric balloon);
- Significant fat excesses, where excess skin often involves surgery (thigh liposuction to slim thighs and thigh lift to tighten the skin and resect the excess).
The solutions: Methods for slimming down thighs without surgery
The broad technical platform of the Clinique des Champs Elysées offers your esthetic doctor the certainty of having a high-performance, tailor-made answer to help you lose thigh fat effortlessly, without pain and without general anesthesia.
The main methods for slimming down thighs will be selected according to the clinical examination.
- Moderate fat on the thighs or edematous cellulite: mesotherapy, drainage, IPL light...
- Thigh fat bulges with good quality skin: cryolipolysis of Coolsculpting ® to reshape your thighs in a few weeks (1 session removes 25% of fat). Fat thighs with slight slackening of the skin or adipose cellulite: use of heat to destroy fat and reshape the contours by body shaping heat (thermolipolysis by focused ultrasound, radio frequency waves, electromagnetic waves, ...).
- Remove fibrous cellulite from the thighs by cutting the fibrous septa with the innovative Cellfina ® device.
NEW CLIENT ?
Don't miss your chance to get your
FREE CONSULTATION + GET 20% OFF your first service