Over time, the skin on your body starts to loosen. This means you will start to see your chest, arms, buttocks, thighs, etc., start to lose firmness.
As a result, it is not uncommon for women to turn to cosmetic medicine or surgery to treat this phenomenon. This helps them restore their body’s firmness and feel better about themselves.
Sagging body skin: what is it?
Sagging skin occurs as the skin loses elasticity with age. Cells are renewed more slowly which weakens the fibroblasts (cells in the dermis that produce collagen and elastin). The lack of elasticity starts in the muscles then the skin, resulting in excess, loose folds.
In this way, from the age of thirty, the first lines start to appear in the corners of the eyes or on the forehead. However, when you reach fifty, this phenomenon gets worse and can lead to more severe skin wilting.
Generally, the areas of the body that are most affected by loose skin are:
- The arms
- The lower abdomen
- The breasts
- The buttocks
- The inside of your thighs
To restore the skin’s firmness, you can turn to cosmetic medicine or even cosmetic surgery.
Sagging skin: what are the causes?
Sagging skin can be caused by a variety of factors:
- Age: over time, the skin produces less collagen and elastin, which are responsible for its firmness and elasticity. As a result, the skin ends up becoming loose.
- Extreme weight loss is also one of the main causes. When you lose weight, relaxed skin appears on the face or belly because after a person has been obese for any length of time, their skin becomes accustomed to being stretched. It then hangs and appears loose.
- Certain hormonal changes can also cause the skin to hang. This is particularly the case during menopause which causes the skin to dry out.
- Tobacco is also an aggravating factor and nicotine has a negative effect on the hyaluronic acid naturally present in the body. This is why cigarettes have a drying effect on your hands and speed up skin slacking.
Sagging skin: how can you fix it?
Although there are some good firming body creams out there, it is difficult to fight against the effects of time. This is why many people are turning to cosmetic surgery or medicine.
Slightly loose skin can be treated with non-invasive medical means that give good results, as long as you have realistic expectations.
Once the skin has become very relaxed, the only solution is to undergo surgery to remove the excess skin and tighten the remaining areas.
Our solutions for my loose skin
Removes excess skin that forms an unsightly flap, usually above the pubis.
Restores firmness to breasts on which the skin has sagged.
Tightens the skin of the inner surface of the arms when it has become droopy and flabby.
Lasers and other techniques
Focussed ultrasound (HIFU) taughtens the skin, smooths wrinkles and destroys fat.
Use ultrasound and radio frequency to remove fat and tone the skin.
Intelligent microwaves that stimulate the production of new collagen in the dermis.
Combines radiofrequency and ultrasound to rejuvenate the skin and treat skin lesions.
Restores firmness to the skin with multipolar radiofrequency and pulsed electromagnetic fields.
Involves injecting carbonic gas under the skin to improve the oxygenation of the tissue.
Cosmetic and dermatological treatments
Given the current situation, our clinic is currently closed until further notice.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we offer free online video consultations for new patients.
To book an appointment : CLICK HERE
We also remain at your disposal for any information by telephone and e-mail.
Take care of yourself :)