If your lips are too thin or are not pigmented enough, this can make your face look lacklustre and for good reason! A plump, shapely mouth has true powers of seduction.
As a result, women often want to tattoo their lips to achieve this. This makes lips plumper and more pigmented, becoming a real asset and putting an end to the chore of make-up.
Lip tattoos: what are they?
Lip tattoos, also called permanent lip make-up, allow you to redesign and bring out the contours of your mouth with the help of natural pigments. Mineral free and hypoallergenic, they subtly trace the contours of your lips, gently filling them in with a slightly stronger shade than their original colour.
Using a fine needle, a beautician will inject pigments into the dermis of the lips. The results will be as natural as possible. Permanent make-up can be used on the lips and eyebrows as well as on the eyes as permanent eyeliner.
Lip tattoos are primarily aimed at women who want to redraw their lips and plump them up. The procedure is permanent but does fade gradually, so touch-up sessions are necessary to maintain results.
Lip tattoos allow you to redefine the contours of your mouth without using fillers such as hyaluronic acid. Most women who get lip tattoos are entirely satisfied with the results.
Lip tattoos: why?
As a general rule, women decide to undergo this procedure for several reasons:
- To have plump lips without having to have filler injections.
- To ‘redraw’ the line of lips that are too thin. This allows the contours of the lip to be redesigned with precision in a natural way.
- To give pale lips a boost of colour. The pigment used is only a slightly more intense colour than the lips themselves.
- To correct asymmetrical lips. Lip tattoos can redraw the lip line to restore symmetry to the mouth.
- To put an end to the chore of make-up. Certain women who like to take care of themselves and their appearance may not necessarily want to apply make-up every day so lip tattoos allow them to save time daily.
Lip tattoos: how do they work?
In general, lip tattoos offer more than satisfactory results to people who choose to get them. They make the mouth plumper and more defined and give the face a new, youthful look. The procedure is long-lasting but fades over time so touch-up sessions are necessary to maintain the results achieved.
In every case, the beautician will take your needs and expectations into account when it comes to lip tattoos, to give you the perfect result that is adapted to your body's morphology.