In time, lips naturally tend to dry out and lose their volume, giving them a finer appearance and a less sharp contour. They can then look sad and severe, causing a lot of insecurities.
Aesthetic medicine makes it possible to remedy this by redefining the Cupid's Arc, the curve of the upper lips or treating the shape of the lips to improve the definition and contour of the lips.
Lip enhancement: what is it?
For some people, too thin lips can cause insecurities and, especially for women, a lack of femininity. Lips that are too thin are lips whose contour is poorly defined, considered too thin, slight or asymmetrical.
Too thin lips are often considered a sign of old age and end up making the face look older and sad. In general, it is both lips that are affected by the lack of volume. However, it may happen that this phenomenon occurs on one side, on only one of the two lips.
It is therefore not uncommon for some people to use aesthetic medicine treatments or sometimes cosmetic surgery.
Lip enhancement: why?
Loss of lip volume can occur in both men and women. Indeed, several reasons can cause lips to be too thin:
- Heredity: Some people naturally have thinner, less well defined lips. Therefore it is not uncommon for these people to wish to have cosmetic surgery in order to have fuller lips.
- Age: over time, there is a loss of elasticity and firmness in the skin, especially on the face. This results in a loss of lip volume and sagging of the skin on the face.
- Smoking: Nicotine has a negative effect on the hyaluronic acid responsible for skin hydration. Cigarettes tend to precipitate the loss of lip volume therefore, but also the skin ageing process.
- Exposure to the sun: prolonged exposure to the sun causes the skin to dry out and the mouth to lose volume. The lips then become thinner and the skin tends to wrinkle more easily.
In this way to restore their youthful face, some people no longer hesitate to take the plunge into surgery or aesthetic medicine.
Lip enhancement: how to reshape the lips?
Medicine and cosmetic surgery can provide a simple and effective solution to the lack of volume on the lips. You will then have a voluminous and reshaped mouth.
Moreover, one of the most commonly used methods to plump the lips is the injection of hyaluronic acid which restores volume to the lips and corrects any asymmetry.
Therefore aesthetic medicine treatments or cosmetic surgery will result in two things:
- An impact on volume: thanks to fat injections (lipofilling) or filling products that will increase the volume of the lips;
- An impact on wrinkles: lip lifting or even mesotherapy can have a smoothing effect on the wrinkles around the lips.
Our solutions to get voluminous lips
Given the current situation, our clinic is currently closed until further notice.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we offer free online video consultations for new patients.
To book an appointment : CLICK HERE
We also remain at your disposal for any information by telephone and e-mail.
Take care of yourself :)